Friday, June 12, 2009

Pittsburgh to Indianapolis

I started my fourth leg of this trip today. It was great to see my brother and his family in Pittsburgh but I didn’t feel real good about leaving this morning because the weather people indicated there might be rain/thunderstorms on my route today. As it turns out I had overcast skies but no rain and the temps were nice.

First stop just before Columbus Ohio was the AMA motorcycle hall of fame. A nice exhibit worth stopping for if you are there, but I probably wouldn’t go to far out of the way to see it. The single best bike there was Neil Pert’s BMW motorcycle that he rode 55,000 miles all over North America and was the basis of the book “Ghost Riders”.

Continuing on to Dayton, I stopped for several hours to see the Wright-Patterson USAF Museum. This was worth going way out of the way to see. There was to much to describe but the historic planes and all the air force stuff was incredible.

Indianapolis was just 100 miles more and now I’m ready to make a big ride tomorrow all the way to South Dakota. More then….

No comments: