Saturday, April 4, 2009

Fayetteville Tenn. to Franklin, North Carolina

This has been the greatest day of riding on the trip. The weather was perfect as I came over on the 64 to Chattanooga where I hooked up with my friend and colleague Jim Davis and we rode about 250 miles of great and scenic roads through the Blue Ridge mountains. Cleveland Tennessee was the starting point where we followed US 64 to Ducktown, Tenn. North on 68 to Tellico Plains. Hit route 143 which is CherohalIa scenic parkway, for about 60 mi then 129 north to Deals Gap. I was able to ride the Tail of the Dragon, a very well known piece of road which has 318 curves over an 11 mile distance. It was a lot like the road up to Palomar only more curves. The fun is just doing it. From there we traveled 28 south east to Jim’s house in Franklin.

I will be staying with Jim and Judy tonight, and tomorrow Jim has another small ride for me to do with him in the morning, then I’ll be heading down to Atlanta and then to Augusta.

 

No comments: