Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bob's first big day of riding

What a day !!!  Left home at about 5:20 a.m. and initially the riding and weather were great. I found out after the fact that the spot GPS had not been working and so I’ll try to do better with getting it up and running before I leave tomorrow. Anyway we had some extremely strong wind buffeting from about 50 miles east of Tucson all the way to here in Alamogordo. I am happy we didn’t have too much cold or any rain, outstanding!

When we crossed the Rio Grande at Las Cruces I really started to feel like we were out of the So Cal area. The wind and dust made seeing everything somewhat more difficult. Even with the wind, the White Sands are a very unusual sight. We rode 815 miles today and I am tired.

Carlsbad caverns are on the schedule for tomorrow. Hopefully the spot GPS will work and y’all can follow our progress.   

 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hope the caverns are great and the butts are not too sore!

Anonymous said...

815 Miles - I bet Jane LOVED that!
Steve